CarTrawler is the leading B2B provider of car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. We bring opportunities to life through an online marketplace connecting our partners, customers and mobility suppliers.
CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivalled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including American Express, Alaska Airlines, easyJet, eDreamsODIGEO, Hotels.com, KLM, TravelStart and Emirates. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
CarTrawler was established in 2004, our headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with an office in New York. For more information visit www.cartrawler.com.
Role Purpose (12 month contract Product Manager)
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for product and technology, someone who cares deeply about customers and who can inspire a team to create really great experiences for them. The successful candidate for this role will have a clear understanding of what’s important both to our users and business partners and how to create and build software to help meet their needs.
Reporting to: Senior Product Manager
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· You will be leading a cross-functional team to deliver web product that meets our business objectives
· Understanding product performance and ensuring that change to the product does not impact key KPIs such as conversion, customer satisfaction and contribution
· Understanding the evolving market, the competitive landscape, our user challenges and how those inputs relate to the business strategy
· Identifying opportunities to improve key KPIs through product enhancements and advocating for those enhancements through the prioritisation and roadmapping processes
· Being open to change and experimentation – knowing that the successes and failures of testing are the core components of understanding product
· Working with business stakeholders and product and technology peers to scope out enhancements to the product required to deliver on key business objectives
· Comfortable operating in the Commercial and Technology domains – balancing commercial gain with building efficient and responsible software
· Inspiring a high performing team to deliver world-class software in every release
· Working closely with stakeholders from across the business to understand and fulfil requirements
· Working closely with our insights team to better understand our user challenges through prototype testing, moderated research, screen recordings, on-site feedback and user testing
· Working with the Design function as part of a cross-functional team to develop winning solutions to well defined customer problems
· Working with the Engineering function to deliver winning solutions
Knowledge and Experience:
· Excellent and effective communicator – able to communicate at all levels within the team (tech, design, research) and the various business functions – relaying product updates, decisions and rationale
· Strong project manager – great organisational skills in a fast-paced environment
· Detail-oriented – ability to capture all elements of requirements and scenarios and address edge cases
· Ability to switch between analytical and creative thinking
· Strong understanding of lean/agile delivery and software delivery lifecycle methodologies
· Commercial savviness – solid understanding of product performance and setting KPIs for product and testing success
· Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate customer problems and, working in collaboration with product peers, translate those into winning solutions
· Self-starter and collaborative team member – working well with your team, other product teams and the business in realising great product
· Ability to take on feedback and new requests throughout the development cycle and prioritise
· Ability to think cross-device and cross-channel
Hybrid Working Model
At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you.
At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including:
A Windows laptop, 2 X inches monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera
A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk