Track anything and discover how it affects your health.
Resources to find a job
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Bearable, one of the leading comprehensive health trackers across both platforms, is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to join its founding team to make health optimisation accessible for everyone and to help people both manage and prevent chronic diseases.
What you will be doing
- Build the features on our exciting 15-month roadmap
- Collaborate with the product team to help define app features and give estimates;
- Ensure quality and performance of application;
- Run unit tests of code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability;
- Work on bug fixing and on improving the application performance;
- Maintain the application code base;
- Design and implement application updates;
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency;
What you should bring along
- 4+ years of experience developing apps;
- 1.5+ years of experience developing on React Native
- Have published several apps on the App Store;
- Proficient in code versioning tools like Git;
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging;
- Experience with continuous integration;
- Ability to take initiative and employ good judgment;
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
Would be nice to have
- Experience with Google Firebase/Firestore
- Worked on health tech apps is a huge plus;
- Interest in data science, Machine learning and AI
- Passion for health optimization and quantified-self/biohacking
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
- This is a fully remote, full-time position. You can choose your own hours as long as your time zone is close to London's.
- Sustainable and healthy working matters to us. We care about building delightful products for our customers, not hitting arbitrary daily hour counts.
- A minimum of 25 days holiday + UK bank holidays
- Pension (if you’re in the UK)
- If you're outside of the UK, this position will be permanent and full-time in spirit, but a contract role on paper. The reason for this is that employment outside of the UK comes with significant challenges for a small company like ours.
Tools we use
- Segment, Mixpanel, Google Analytics
- Our landing page and blog run on Wordpress, using the Elementor Pro plugin