Resources to find a job
# Platform ENGINEER
At Neurolabs, we want to help bridge the gap between academia and real world applications. We are engineers and scientists, building a platform for computer vision powered by synthetic data, helping with the automation of repetitive and non-value adding tasks, and in the process democratising access to computer vision solutions. We are a remote first company, with the team spread throughout Europe & UK.
We want you because of your passion and reasoning, and we expect you to design and implement the back-end of our web platform. You must be confident in the quality of your code and have a passion for performant algorithms. This is a senior position, as we will rely on you to facilitate access to our platform for our end users.
# **ABOUT YOU**
You will be a part of a fast growing startup and work together with our ML and Frontend engineers to lead the core development work for the scalability and infrastructure of our product. We value your input and your work will set the standard for our development and production code. We trust you as an adult and encourage you to use your better judgement to budget your time and efforts. You should expect to spend a considerable amount of time on coding, at least in the first few months. GraphQL, REST and Python will be the top priority for the role. You should also have prior experience with building web applications.
# Responsibilities & Skills
- Proficiency with backend architectures and server-side development.
- Proven knowledge of cloud computing (Heroku || GCP || AWS).
- API design and implementation (API Gateway, AWS Amplify, GraphQL, Swagger, Postman).
- Advanced Python coding skills.
- Basic Database knowledge (PostgresSQL a plus).
- A great teammate. You understand that problem solving is a team effort and will help others learn and develop.
- Nice to have: Frontend basic experience (React).
- Nice to have: Machine Learning
# ABOUT US
We are a team of engineers and scientists, who strive to make a real impact with their work. We are starting by building the best-in-class product recognition system that can be deployed in the retail industry, helping with the automation of repetitive and non-value adding tasks. We are passionate about the science behind our product and fans of rapid iteration.
- Competitive startup salary, equity and rosy expectations ahead.
- Flexible working hours and 100% remote team, offices in Cluj and Edinburgh.
- You are entitled to 30 days paid holiday during each holiday year (or the pro rata equivalent if you work part time), which includes public holidays in your residence country.
- Monthly stipend for office space.
- Bi-annual company retreat and bi-annual team meetings
- Attach your CV and any supporting information for the things that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.